This is the private bathroom
for the Family Room
Middle Upcott Farm
Bed and Breakfast in Dulverton
Middle Upcott Farm provides the discerning Exmoor visitor with top quality bed and breakfast accommodation near
We also have comfortable horse accommodation for those who wish to holiday with their horse & ride in the famous Exmoor National Park
The house dates from the 14th Century and has been sympathetically modernised to provide luxurious Exmoor B and B
- Four poster bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Family room with double and single beds, private bathroom.
- Quiet, rural location with superb views
- Evening transport provided to save you driving - details
- Horse Holidays and breaks with your horse
- Special facilities for dogs, but not allowed in house.
- No smoking in the house
- Private parking
- Secure storage for bikes
- Approx 3 miles SW of Dulverton
- Free WiFi
The dining room features a large inglenook with log burner for those chilly mornings.
The Four Poster bedroom has an en-suite shower room and superb southerly views across the Devon countryside.
The Family Room has a double bed and a single bed (adult size) with southerly views. The room has a private
bathroom, next door on the landing. The bathroom features a large roll-edge bath for a luxurious soak and separate
shower cubicle for those with less time.
Guests are welcome to relax or wander in the extensive gardens which surround the house. There are
glorious views south over the Devon countryside and north to the wilds of Exmoor.
We have sheep, lambs, dogs and cats on the farm. In our wood to the north of the house you can often see wild Red
Deer, badgers and foxes.
£35 - £60 per person per night, Bed and Breakfast, 2 or 3 persons sharing.
Single night B&B stays Fri and Sat : £10 per room supplement
SPECIAL RATES for stays of a week or more - please ask
Well behaved dogs: £5 per dog per night
Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times on the property - we have all kinds of other livestock.
Guest dogs are not allowed in the house. We have separate kennel facilities.
Deposit required when booking: £50 per room
Payment: We accept Sterling cheques or cash.
Guests may also pay online using Paypal or Credit/Debit card. (full amount to be paid when booking).
Arrivals: Between 4pm and 7pm.
If you need to arrive outside this period please phone us to arrange.
Departures: Guests must depart before 10.30am please.
Please contact us first to check B and B availability -
contact details are here...
Middle Upcott Farm is approx 3 miles from Dulverton on the southern edge of the Exmoor National Park in Somerset. This makes it ideal for
Dulverton and Exmoor
visitors who are coming from the M5 motorway - Junction 27 is approx 30 minutes drive.
The area has many activities for the Exmoor visitor:-
- Fishing: we can obtain permits for salmon and trout fishing on the Rivers Exe or Barle near Dulverton (5 minutes
There is Fly fishing for trout on Wimbleball reservoir and sea fishing from the beach on the north Exmoor coast at Porlock
- Mountain Biking: There are 480 miles of bridleways on Exmoor and many of the managed forest plantations have
marked cycle tracks.
- Walking: Exmoor is a superb area for walkers and hikers. There are over 600 miles of waymarked footpaths across
all types of terrain including open heather and gorse heath land, ancient oak woodland, steep coombes and spectacular
- Shooting: Clay pidgeon shooting is available close by and can be arranged prior to your arrival. Just bring
your gun along with you. Other shooting may be available if required. Exmoor is world renowned for its shooting
Less strenuous activities and places to visit:-
Knightshayes Court - NT property near Tiverton.
- Dulverton - the town known as the southern gateway to Exmoor, has many interesting shops, pubs, restaurants and
tea rooms, yet retains a village atmosphere.
The Exmoor National Park Authority has its headquarters in Dulverton.
- Dunster - Famous for its ancient Yarn Market and Castle (NT) Dunster also has many interesting shops and tea
- Tarr Steps - these prehistoric slabs across the River Barle, north of Dulverton are a "must see" for
the first time Exmoor visitor.
- The West Somerset Railway - steam trains run between Minehead and Bishops Lydeard near Taunton. The 20 mile
single track route runs through some of the most beautiful Somerset countryside.
- Withypool, approx 6 miles north of Dulverton, is a famous Exmoor moorland village with a pretty 6 arch stone bridge
over the River Barle. This is a popular spot for a picnic where children can swim or net for all manner
of little beasties in the clear, slow running river. The village also has an inn - The Royal Oak - and a village
shop with a tea room which also sells local ice cream. The wildlife abounds on this SSSI (Site of Special
Scientific Interest): dippers and kingfishers flit up and down the river with damsel and dragonflies and there are
otters here too.
Middle Upcott Farm - Quality B and B near Dulverton
The Dining Room
The B&B is surrounded by glorious Exmoor countryside
The elegant four poster bedroom
En-suite double room with balcony and superb views
click here for more photos
The family bedroom has a double and a single bed
The Kitchen at Middle Upcott Farm
The landing features toy horses of all sizes and ages
|Want to bring your horse?
We also have stabling and turnout for up to 4 horses or ponies. Our "B and B for Horses with transport" service allows guests the freedom to ride on Exmoor from A to B without having to return to their start point.
We can also collect and deliver your horses from your home, saving you the trouble and allowing you to really enjoy your
We are experienced endurance riders and horse transport specialists, so your horse will be in good hands!
click here for more details....
Places to enjoy an evening meal
There are many excellent restaurants nearby:
The Bridge Inn, Woods and the Tong Dam Thai in Dulverton,
Tarr Steps Farm Restaurant,
The Exeter Inn and more.
So that you can relax and enjoy your evening,
we provide a transport service
to and from your restaurant.